Helping out a good cause always feels good to the soul, and gains a moral compass within. These past few months I have been helping out an organization called THANK YOU PROJECT.
The goal of this Christian-based nonprofit organization is to significantly impact the lives of individuals in a rural area of Nigeria by:
- Providing the equipment necessary to dig fresh water wells.
- Establishing a scholarship fund for deserving students who cannot afford the cost of university tuition (only $2,000 per year).
- Building a Church.
The THANK YOU PROJECT was brought forth out of a sense of gratitude, indebtedness, and thankfulness to God. We are all blessed in numerous ways and feel obligated to give back to humanity while we are able. Often, we forget how fortunate we are to have simple access to things like safe running water, the ability to go to school and further our education, and the option to practice whatever religion we choose and have a place to worship. Let us remind ourselves that others are not as fortunate.
The story itself is gratifying to where it all began.
It has been fourteen years since Charles and Ijeoma came to the United States here in New Hampshire, and they have added another daughter and two sons to their beautiful family. While they have built a successful and fulfilling life here, Charles feels uneasy. “I have done nothing for God, my community, and humanity. This is totally unacceptable. If I die today, I really do not have anything to show for all that God has done for me.”
With a renewed sense of purpose, Charles founded The THANK YOU Project in 2014 with a laser focused vision. With your help, he will give back to God by:
- PROVIDING WATER by drilling water boreholes to provide clean drinking water to Ututu and Achi communities.
- ESTABLISHING FULL COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIPS to indigent students in Nigeria.
- BUILDING A CHURCH in his Nigerian community so others may give thanks to God.
Please, join Charles in bequeathing a legacy to humanity.